Sunday, February 24

How could anyone not like

Pride and Prejudice? And all the other Jane Austen movies for that matter.


I may be a thousand decades behind but it's never too late to declare how very much worth watching this movie is. I fell in love with it from the very beginning. And unlike sense and sensibility, which is also equally good but can be quite draggy at times, this one grips me from the beginning till the very end, when Mr. Darcy kissed Elizabeth aka Mrs Darcy longingly and in my own assumption, lived happily ever after the end. And Mr Darcy... oooooooh don't even get me started on how charming the man is. Muahaaha, I'm hooked oh yes I am.



I have never read any of her books though, knowing the experience on screen may not be as thrilling as it is in the form of sentences. And because the language is slightly more complex I think I would much prefer to let it guide me through vision and conversations among the characters.




Well of course, her other novel-turned-movies are good too but I have yet covered all of them. Will do when I settle down and have my internet connection transferred to the new place. :)

The Jane Austen Book Club is obviously out of that category. Released only recently, it's a modern day book-made-movie that talks about 6 different Californians who formed a book club to discuss Jane Austen's works. It's quite an interesting movie as it reflects to the viewers how each character developes and grows as they further understand Jane Austen as a person in relation to the similarities of the characters in her books. I'm not going to go into details except conclude that this movie is, too, worth a watch. :)

--------------


Update:

I'm still homeless and will be until the 6th of March. From Wednesday onwards I won't have internet connection until god knows when because something's terribly wrong with my apple baby, will explain next time.

Right now I only pray that everything will turn out alright. Jac, everything will be fine right? Wish you were here.

0 feathers: