Already, I’m feeling home-sick. It cannot be. Is it even possible for one to feel home-sick when at the very moment one’s fingers are tapping lively on the alphabet keys on the keyboard, not in some foreign exotic land that spells anything but home?
Dread. This is all I can feel running through the veins in my body right now. And then, I come to realize that in 3 days time, my ass would be glued on a MAS seat, watching movie while having plane food – bad food, and counting down the hours before landing on Kangaroo Land once again.
I do not understand how some people can be so looking forward to going back. I can see the reason in that, but to relate to it is another matter. Maybe I’m just one of those creatures longing to be locked up even though I’ve always strived for freedom. At least things are predictable here, and predictable is what I need now, in a living-life-peacefully kinda way.
Cheer up, I try to tell my unlikely-to-be-persuaded self. Right now, I hope that gloom will leave me alone. It’s as if I’ve been walking under a rain cloud above my head these few days, an invisible rain cloud that has been pouring only on me and glides along above my head wherever I go, blocking all means of sunshine. Go rain on someone else, I tell it.
If I can pack them up in my luggage bag, I will gladly do so, even if I exceed my 20kg quota so much that I will have to file a cheque to pay it off just to get them in the plane!
Going crazy over hoodies!
Dining Mexican at Las Carretas.
Secret Recipe.
On the way home from Zah's 21st, ala smile-until-cannot-see-eyes.
Pre-xmas family gathering/cousin's beearlied birthday celebration.
Fitting room affair *winks*
Chinese New Year house-hopping! I lost RM 30. T________T
Warming up (him, not me!) before going to Sky Bar.
That hat looks heavy to me :S
The day Ash flies to Hawaii.
Outside Zen's place, after meeting up at Alexis.
Got bored while waiting for food at The Apartments. Btw the food is BAD.
Lim Yong's birthday dinner at Itallianese.
Having cakes with sa poh at Bakerzine.
Growing out legs wtf.
A short meeting-up with the ex-K1-ians at Mark's Place.
Chin Fei 's best look, haha!
Dining at Dragon-i. Come to me oh siew long baos!
BBQ at Kwan Weng's with the sexybabes. :9
Aw, I miss them already!
-----------
The Time Traveler's Wife is awesome! Part of me is sad because I've finished reading the book, it's so brilliant I want to laugh and cry at the same time. The movie's coming out in a few months time and I can't wait!! Let's hope it's good. I highly recommend this book people. :)
Other good reads I've picked up during the holidays:


1) The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks
2) Sophie's Bakery for the Broken Hearted by Lolly Winston
- A touch of humor added onto the character's emotional wreck, bad hair, and Oreo addiction.
3) Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
- One of the best among all, the story is very thought-provoking and compelling, I loved it!
4) Vanishing Acts by Jodi Picoult
5) Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
- Heart-breaker, tear-jerker.
6) For One More Day by Mitch Albom
7) The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfiel
- An engrossing tale that sucks you in like a black hole, I couldn't put it down until the last page.
The thing about finally fishing up a good read is that you will always expect the next book to be as good and if it's anything but better you'll feel disappointed. Books are expensive aren't they?? And it doesn't help that for me, 2 books is not enough to last a week. :((
I can't wait to get my hands on these!:

1) My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
2) The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
3) A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
4) The Choice by Nicholas Sparks
Has anyone read any of them yet?
Monday, February 18
Bye bye summer holidays
at 1:14 PM
Labels: Family and friends, Lists
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 feathers:
Dont get "My sisters keeper". really stupid book if you ask me! not all of her books are good. "Mercy" is draggy too. I'm reading a thousand splendid suns and kite runner too! =)
Hi, this might sound really random..
First of, I simply loved reading the time traveller's wife, the kite runner and A thousand splendid suns.
I'm just blog hopping here. My name might sound familiar cus if you search hard enough in that memory bank of yours (go waaay back) you might remember :P.
Anyways, have a nice day!
Post a Comment