Thursday, February 28

A typical day (maybe not so typical)

This morning, I saw a rainbow. Today's going to be a great day! I thought.

This morning, I nearly froze my ass off walking to the train station.

This morning, when I was gona enter the train, I slipped, knocked my foot on something hard, and nearly fell backwards. The next time I looked at my legs, my left toe was swimming in a pool of blood.

This morning, I bought my usual Latte with one sugar from the Coffee Stand at the train station. You have a good day darl!, the lady behind the counter had said, and that was all it took to brighten me up, ease the pain off my bleeding toe.

This morning, the train got delayed and I was 15 minutes late for lecture.

This morning, I spent an hour in the clinic, just to get my toe bandaged. The nurse slapped on 2 white strips to make sure the skin stays in place until it grows back. Then she covered my toe with a large waterproof band aid. It looks like your wrapping food with plastic wrap, I had joked.

This morning, I was considering whether I should change my elective. Instead of Typography, I want to do something that's not design-related, like Japanese, Spanish, or maybe French.

This morning, the guys at the Malaysian Club booth sprayed Nada with the free Max Cola we got because today is his birthday.

This afternoon, we all had lunch at the Chinese Restaurant right outside uni.

This afternoon, I took the train to the city with Nada and Herman, they're alot of fun. We laughed over the silliness of Bollywood movies and how I paid $10 (the joining fee of the Malaysian Club) just to get a goodie bag filled with advertisement pamphlets.

Late afternoon, I met up with Kar Mun and we went to watch a movie. I waited for her at Borders and she, for me at the cinema. Miscommunication lol.

We both went to Smiggles and went totally crazy over their cool stationery. At the end we each bought a bendable plastic ruler cuz the others were too expensive.

Definitely, Maybe is really good. I dare say it's worth my every penny, and I'm sure Kar Mun will agree. It'll be out in Malaysia this April.

This evening, I nearly froze my ass of walking home.

This evening, I had fried rice and tomato soup for dinner.


-----------

As boring as my day may seem, I like it when there's a routine in life, my life. Normality may be uninteresting, but because of it, we're able to discover the little pleasures in life, simple but sweet.

3 feathers:

erinwho? said...

Great post, really well written.

How often do we stop and appreciate the little pleasures in life?

Haha, one thing I remember from my tuesday tute, we as designers should observe the world. No doubt my lecturer with glasses and snowy pony tail is 100% right.

Wayne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wayne said...

A reply to your previous post.

You're not a freak, believe me. There is a celebrity in US who used to be a real life freak because he build a mansion with high walls, locking himself inside from the real world. (real life story)

Haha, be happy because it will make everyone looks gorgeous and confident.
at least try because no one can happy 24/7. If got such people, then they are probably a lunatic hahaha.