Authentic? check.
Quality? check.
Taste? check.
Ambiance? check.
Service? check.
Ample parking space? (this is very important also le) check
Location? Ermmm, maybe a little too far from home, but that's not an issue
Chawanmushi?? check!! :D
This morning me and mom & dad went to the MAS headquaters to apply for a student card and since it's lunch time already by the time we finished and we were already in KL, I conveniently suggested to have lunch there.
From outside it lookes nothing more than an ordinary house.
But once you step inside from the little front door,
the scene changed instantly into a welcoming place to dine .
The place wasn't full when we went because it was still early. Soon after that people started to come and some even made reservations beforehand.
The lunch set is quite worth it. You get to choose 2 dishes from 3 lists and it comes with rice, chawanmushi, miso soup and something seaweedy. The price varies between RM28 to RM36 depending the list which you picked the dishes. Add in RM4 and you get a scoop of ice-cream of your choice for dessert. Not a bad deal eh??
Well I think it's damn worth it for good food!
The 3 of us ordered 2 set lunches(with ice-cream) and 1 side dish to share. The portion is actually quite small but since both my parents doesn't have a big appetite the food is just enough for us.
Gindara Teriyaki (Cod fish with teriyaki sauce) and Salmon-something (Salmon with butter sauce) (Sorry! I have a tendency of forgetting names)
The cod is awesome! My only complaint would be it's size which is too small even for one person. As for the salmon, it's better than the one I had in Kinpachi last Sunday but I still think Murasaki's salmon teriyaki is the best among all I've tried so far.
California Maki, dad's and sis's favourite sushi, too bad she didn't tag along this time. Love it without soy sauce and wasabi!

Tempura. I didn't eat this but according to mom it's good. I love the fish shaped bamboo plate it was served in.
Chawanmushi. Love this one the most! (Then again, when will I not love chawanmushi?) Egg custard + dashi stock = yummmminess :D Ok I'm starting to feel hungry all over again.
Ebi Miso Mayo (Prawns with Hajime's special mayonnaise).
I usually decline anything with mayonnaise(sorry not a fan!) but since the woman recommended this dish to us I decided to give it a try. Indeed, it did not disappoint. The prawns were fresh and blended exceptionally well with the special mayo sauce. Thumbs up for this! :)
Matcha ice-cream with Azuki bean paste.
We sapu-ed everything on the table except the places :9
Verdict: Will definitely go there again when I have the chance!!!
------------
Now that I got that aside, it's time for some cupcake talk. WHEEE because my baking self is back again!
I attempted on this recipe today and guess what, it was a success! (though a mini disaster occurred half-way through but it's okay no biggie *pats self*)
No fancy frosting this time though, I chose a recipe that requires some extra effort and did every step accordingly.
All I can say is... too bad the whole recipe only made 6 cupcakes RAWR!! 5 now because I just poped one down once it came out from the oven.
The recipe is definitely worth keeping but instead of 8, my batter is only enough to fill in 6 cupcake holes and I ended up with loads of leftovers for the topping. Oh well, I'm happy enough that the cupcakes turned out moist on the inside and crumbly on the top. :)Ahh I'm hungry again... *off to take another cupcake*
P/s: By the way, the title stands for I love Hajime! hehehe.

0 feathers:
Post a Comment