Tuesday, December 4

First time(s)

Here I am, sitting in front of my desk *looks left looks right*

Person on my right is busy with some campus list.

Person on my right is facebooking wtf.

I'm bored!! Someone enlighten me please. OR at least... help me get inspired.

It's only been a couple of weeks since holidays started and my brain is already jammed! *gasp* I'm in holiday mode, and part of my mind is in Hawaii, or at least, hallucinating about it, since I don't even know how Hawaii looks like.

Well, since I decide to start a new blog I might as well blog properly too, considering the amont of time I spent on the layout.

Firstly, about my job, or to be more exact, my internship. I'm currently sitting in the office of Salient Info located in Wisma UOA 2, which is only 3 minutes walk from the back door of Pavilion. It's only my second day here and I'm already bored *yawn*. I wonder if it's just me but do you ever feel damn nervous at the first day of everything? First day of school.. first day of work.. first time meeting someone.. first time attending swimming lessons... No matter how many first times I've been through, I will never fail to get butterflies in the stomach and hear that voice from nowhere shouting at me (or was it in me?) "oh no what if I can't blend in?"

And then I conclude to myself... I hate first times, I seriously do.

But after I gave it further thought, I figured, first days/times will be the only chance for a person to experience something new. But that's the hard part. To really get into something you've gotta get through that awkwardness, that blending-in process, that uh-how-does-things-work-here questions, and that finally-apart-of-it sense of belonging. Some people has the ability to become very quickly while others, like myself, doesn't. People like us are the ones who in the first few days of class sit behind or in a corner looking at people who get into conversations as quickly water flows, wishing we were them. We come in early to avoid attention and leave quietly after class so that we can go and get back to the world we're familiar with or continue with our everyday routines. We always try to say something nice and try to listen when people speak, instead of being the one speaking or teasing-for-fun. We always wait for someone to ask us for lunch because we're too shy.

Okay shall continue with my first-time post later, there's alot of people walking around me and I'm too shy to let people see what I've wrote :S

0 feathers: