Wednesday, December 5

Ochachacha

Hie there.

I'm in the mood for pictures today.





But firstly, what I did today:

  1. Went to the office around 10am, as per usual; usual being same as 2 days ago hahaha.

  2. Sat in office until lunch time, which is anytime we feel hungry, then went to the food court downstairs for quick lunch with my colleagues. Had waffles.

  3. Continue sitting in the office until 5ish I swear my butt is turning into a pieces of papan. Almost completed the website layout for Thomas & Guys. Don't be too shocked, it's just a practice, not forreal. It rained miao's and woff's today.

  4. Met up with Gary, he came down from Penang this morning. Had Japanese for dinner =)

  5. Lepaked around Pavilion and had my fav Azuki Freezie again, 2 days in a row *slurp!* then went home.


I felt like having Japanese so we decided to give Ichiban Boshi,which was right beside us at that time, a try.

First time being there, we were actually overwhelmed with choices. Since there wasn't any special recommendations stated in the menu we decided to just stick with the classics.

Chawanmushi.


I will surely order this no matter where I go. I got hooked to this little cup of steam egg flavoured with Japanese dashi stock since I first tried it in Sushi King years ago, although I won't say that's the best one I've eaten so far. The price of this appetizer ranges according to the ingredients cooked with it.

Gary was saying how I can eat as many of these as I want in Malaysia because it's so much cheaper compared to the one I had in Melbourne which the price when converted is the same as 10 of these. :S Just like how the price of a piece of Roti Canai there is equivalent to 30 pieces of the same thing here oh how I love Malaysia hohoho.


Ok, getting side-tracked...



Fried somekinda-fish

Oops, I forgot what fish is this since Gary ordered it. It's supposed to be one of the dishes on the sushi belt but we had it ordered. I like the crispy sensation of the bread crumbs fried to perfection, although it's hard to tell the freshness of the fish itself. Generally, thumbs up for this one, especially when I saw what was hidden inside...


this! This as in fish eggs. Yummm.

Cheese delight.

This is the only dish we got off the sushi belt. The combination of cheese, egg and ham is no doubt very angmoh. It's too bad the taste of the rice is completely covered by the strong aroma of the slightly burnt cheese on top and the ham in between.



Agedashi Tofu

Er... this dish tasted so-so to me. Nothing much to woo about and I think it would be better if they had used silken tofu instead of firm tofu.


Gindara Teriyaki

It's fried cod fish covered with Teriyaki sauce. Despite the not-so-appealing photo I quite like this dish. The cod fish wasn't too fatty, which is good, but the Teriyaki Sauce was a wee bit too strong that it covered the original taste of the fish. But it's okay cuz generally I like anything-teriyaki, provided the sauce is yummy.

Anyways, I won't mind going back to this place again as they have an interesting array of dishes on the sushi belt, waiting to be tried!

Ichiban Boshi
Lot 1.14
1st Floor
Pavilion Kuala Lumpur





After a failed attempt of looking for a decent place for desserts we ended up at none other than my current favourite place... Ochacha.

Confession: I'm a sucker for anything-greentea and here, they have everything!

The dessert ranges from combinations of matcha with different fruits to azuki bean as well as brownie. For drinks they serve a variety of iced and ice-blended green tea with flavours such as azuki bean (my favvvvvv), butterscotch, mint and fruits. They have hot drinks too but it doesn't appeal to me as much as the cold ones :P The matcha shortcake (which comes in 3 for RM5.50) is something every green-tea fan should try out!

(No pictures for those as I didn't order any desserts today. They were running low on the supply of cakes boo hoo and will not be stocking up until tomorrow.)


Service is pretty good and the staffs are friendly. The first time I went with Sally, the real boss(or so stated in her name card) came around to chat with us and asked for our opinions about the treats and drinks as she was the one who recommended those to us.


The shop is always empty whenever I pass by though, I think mainly because it's not as commercialized and the food provided aren't as crowd-favourite-ish as outlets like Starbucks(which is situated right opposite it) or typical cafes.


But never fear, 3 visits there has proved my loyalty. Go greentea! *laughs*

If you're a green tea fan like me, do pay this place a visit at:

Ochacha
Lot 6.01.01
6th Floor

Pavilion Kuala Lumpur



Now some pictures taken in the office this afternoon.

This is Celine, or part of her anyway, and this is what we've been doing when the boss is not in heheheh.


That's Gary-lin (no no not the same Gary I mentioned just now) (Uh we've converted his name to suit the many Lins in the office.) He's supposed to be the one teaching me things.


Gary-lin started it!

This is Evon's PC. MSN-ing and Facebooking!


And that's her trying to be Eminem hide her face.



This is Pauline (one of the many Lins!) and a pimple-farm-faced me.


Oh how nice it would be if I can do this everyday, be so carefree I mean. ;P

0 feathers: