Thursday, January 3

Edible kuma-kumas! :D

First thing's first, guess what's this!!






Making them was fun and wasn't as time-consuming as I had expected. I followed this recipe, if anyone's interested. (I wish mine are as cute as hers though :(( )



Notes:

  • Salt should be reduced as bread came out tasting rather salty, but that's ok. :)

  • I'll probably make miniature versions of these instead of 2 large ones, easier to handle and cuter no?

  • Brush top with egg wash before popping them into the oven, it's nicer when they come out with a layer of shine.

  • Er, still need to think of a way to prevent dough from flattening when oven is preheating. As you can see, my turtles turned out quite flat. :((

  • Next time I'll trying putting some filling into it.
Other than that, I'm pretty much satisfied with how they turned out. First batch of bread yo!



Mwahahaha! Now to rip it open... :P

2 feathers:

sinister kisses said...

i can imagine ripping the limbs apart , dipping them into strawberry jam, dipping the head into cream cheese, and cutting the body/shell wtv and put a sunny side up in the middle with lots and lots of ketchup! oh and a slice of cheese please!!!

yeeshuang ahhhhhhhhh!
i'm getting FAAAAT!
HELPPPPPPPP!

Char said...

woo hoo i've found me!! i mean the eating part, hoho