Saturday, January 5

Paint my life with colours

I had trouble getting into sleep yesterday night. In between moments of tossing and turning, I realize that alot had happened throughout last year. They were little and big things that had possibly affect me in the most insignificant ways and most of them, I wouldn't want to forget for the rest of my life :))

Don't worry, this is not going to turn into another emo post.

I'm writing this down because I know my memory isn't as good as most people and if I do (but still hopefully not) forget them, I'll know where to track them down.

  1. There was once I bump into my lecturer, Liz at the train station outside uni, we were both heading to the city. It was probably the longest conversation between student and tutor, except, she felt more like a friend that day, telling me alot about her life and other jobs.

  2. Until today, I'm still amazed by how I managed to put up the guts to approach total strangers on the road, asking them for pictures. That day was one of the happiest and fulfilling day of my life! I was surprised at how nice people can actually be sometimes. It was heart-warming to see their happy faces when I retured with the pictures even though I didn't score in that subject :))

  3. Jeff, another one of my lecturers, told me that the word "ketcup" is derived from "kicap". He even wikipedia-ed it hahah, so random right???

  4. On my birthday my friends came over to surprise me and I recieved a couple of sms and msn wishes from friends in Msia. That day was supposed to be yet another assignment-rushing-sleepless-night but somehow, it became a special day thanks to what they did for me. <3

  5. Also on my birthday, my uni friends asked me out for dinner and got me a little green tea gateau. We took loadsssss of pics, in the restaurant, on the streets of Chinatown and Swanston... they totally made my day! Thanks Helen, Qiqi, and B daddy! :))

  6. I used to visit craft markets alone. Usually I just google the location and take the train there, sometimes when I get lost, I ask for directions. Once, I helped a Chinese woman called her daughter because she was lost and couldn't speak english, worst part is she couldn't even tell her daughter because she was unable to read signboards. Despite my rejection, she offered me the only bun she had and stuffed it in between my palms before I board the next train. I didn't eat it. ><" Oooops.

  7. A Taiwanese woman got her pension-for-widows statement but couldn't read English. She saw me passing by and asked if I could translate it to her in Mandarin. That was when I found out my Mandarin skills has depreciated!! T______T 19 years of learning and speaking in Mandarin... and I couldn't even complete one sentence without having English words slipping in what is this you tell me.

  8. I talked to a middle-aged stranger for half a day because his dog was too too cute. Don't misunderstand hehe, I was out taking some air and trying to relieve stress when his dog walked towards me, then he started to talk about martial arts and I sat there listening to him -_-" The funniest thing is, I kept seeing the guy every time I pass by the big clock in Melbourne Central and each time he was talking to a different girl! I guess he really has alot of free time.

  9. During my assignments-rush-hour I get silly cravings. Once I took the tram out 7 am in the morning just to get a packet of Mrs Fields cookies because I was craving for them so much! Er, the result of stress and not sleeping the whole night??? :S

  10. Grocery shopping with obasan is always fun! :DD Especially when we pile up the whole trolley with packets of snacks!

  11. I always get so freaked out before class whenever we have to present out ideas in front of the whole class, which is every time actually -_-" Sometimes I skip because I couldn't finish my work on time.

  12. People don't understand my course. They think that it's awesome that I don't have exams and all but they don't know the amount of stress I have to cope with. It's competitive. I get into class, and I sit with a bunch of creative geniuses who speak better than I do. In this game, the best player wins, and there is no rules, since ideas are up to you as long as you follow the guide. Exams are much more easier to handle in the way that as long as you abide the rules by filling in the blanks with the correct answer and putting in the required points in your essays, you pass. The answer is set. With the right amount of hard work plus smart studying, everyone has the potential to be a winner. Yikes am I making any sense here?

  13. I love it when friends come and visit, I still remember how me and Anne got lost everywhere in Melbourne last April when she came over for vacation. That silly girl was so happy when she saw the dancing machine in Crown's Arcade! Right nen?? :P

  14. Yay to more people coming next year. :)) I don't mind that Melbourne is turning into mini Malaysia heheheh, it's fun to bump into people in the city and I don't have to worry about no having enough lunch/dinner partners no??
Anyway, there is just so much I can dig out from my memory at once.





One last note, thanks so much Birdie and Yun! Love you guys :))

1 feathers:

jac said...

do you know what? next time, you won't get lost alone, ok? Haha! We'll get lost together gether!! *whee*